Establishment of the Committee
The Select Committee on County Financial, Budget and Appropriations was established on Thursday 27th October, 2022, pursuant to the provisions of the Standing Order 205 (1).
1) There shall be a select Committee to be known as the County Finance, Budget and Appropriations Committee.
(2) The Committee shall consist of a chairperson, and
not more than eighteen other Members.
Functions of the Committee
Pursuant to the Provisions of the Standing Order 205 (3) the functions of the Committee are to:-
- Investigate, inquire into and report on all matters related to coordination, control and monitoring of the of the county budget;
- Discuss and review the estimates and make recommendations to the county assembly;
- Examine the county fiscal strategy paper presented to the county assembly;
- Examine bills related to the county budget, including appropriations bills; and
- Evaluate tax estimates, economic and budgetary policies and programmes with direct budget outlays.
The County Finance, Budget and Appropriations Committee constituted by the County Assembly immediately following the general election shall serve for a period of three calendar years and that constituted thereafter shall serve for the remainder of the County Assembly term.