Establishment of the Committee
The Sectoral Committee on Health Services is one of the Sectoral Committees established under Standing Order 209. The Committee was constituted by the Assembly on Thursday 27th October, 2022. The Committee is mandated under the 3rd Schedule of the Standing Orders to investigate, inquire into and report on all matters related to “health services, including, in particular County health facilities and pharmacies, ambulance services, promotion of primary health care, licensing and control of undertakings that sell food to the public, veterinary services (excluding regulation of the profession), cemeteries, funeral parlours and crematoria.”.
Pursuant to the Provisions of the Standing Order 209, the functions of the Committee are to-
- Investigate, inquire into, and report on all matters relating to the mandate, management, activities, administration, operations and estimates of the department;
- Study the programme and policy objectives of the department and the effectiveness of the implementation;
- Study and review all county legislation referred to it;
- Study, assess and analyze the relative success of the department as measured by the results obtained as compared with their stated objectives;
- Investigate and inquire into all matters relating to the department as they may deem necessary, and as may be referred to them by the County Assembly;
- To vet and report on all appointments where the Constitution or any law requires the County Assembly to approve, except those under Standing Order 209 (Committee on Appointments); and
- Make reports and recommendations to the County Assembly as often as possible, including recommendation of proposed legislation.
Ms. cammelyne Anguche – Senior Clerk Assistant
Ms. Judy Aron Anyango – First Clerk Assistant
Tuesday 16th May, 2023
- Deliberation of the draft Report of the Site visit to Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital with regards to the statement requested by Hon. Redson Otieno regarding increased cases of medical negligence in the County Health Facilities.
Wednesday 17th May, 2023
- Deliberation of the supplementary estimates 2022/23
Tuesday 23rd May, 2023
- Meeting with the Fiscal Analyst to take members through the supplementary estimates 2022/23
Wednesday 24th May, 2023
- Meeting with the County Executive to deliberate on the supplementary estimates 2022/23
Tuesday 30th May, 2023
- Consideration of the report of the supplementary estimates 2022/23
- Adoption of the report of the the supplementary estimates 2022/23
Wednesday 31st May, 2023
- Commencement of an inquiry arising from the site visit to Embakasi Go down that was allegedly relabeling expired products.
Tuesday 6th June, 2023
- Consideration of pending response to statements
Wednesday 7th June, 2023
- Consideration of the Draft Report of the Site visit to Pumwani Maternity Hospital to determine the status of the said County Health Facility