Establishment of the Committee
The Select Committee on County Public Investments was established under the provisions of the Standing Order 204 (5).
Functions of the Committee
The Standing Order 204 (5) further mandates the Committee to;
- Examine the reports and accounts of the County Public Investments;
- Examine the reports, if any, of the Auditor General on the County Public Investments; and
- Examine, in the context of the autonomy and efficiency of the County Public Investments, whether the affairs of the County Public Investments are being managed by sound financial or business principles and prudent commercial practices.
Despite paragraph (5), the County Public Investments Committee shall not examine any of the following-
- Matters of major County Government policy as distinct from business or commercial functions of the County public investments;
- Matters of day-to-day administration; and,
- Matters for the consideration of which legal mechanisms are established by any special statute under which a particular County public investment is established.
Considerations of the Auditor-General’s Report on the Financial Statements of the Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company Ltd for the year ended June 2021.