Establishment of the Committee
The Select Committee on Implementation was established on Thursday 27th October, 2022, pursuant to the provisions of the Standing Order 207(1).
Functions of the Committee
Pursuant to the Provisions of the Standing Order 207 (2) and (3), the functions of the Committee are to-
- The Committee shall scrutinize the resolutions of the County Assembly (including adopted committee reports), petitions and the undertakings given by the County Executive Committee and examine –
- Whether or not such decisions and undertakings have been implemented and where implemented, the extent to which they have been implemented; and whether such implementation has taken place within the minimum time necessary; and
- Whether or not legislation passed by the county assembly has been operationalized and where operationalized, the extent to which such operationalization has taken place within the minimum time necessary.
- The committee may propose to the county assembly, sanctions against any member of the county executive committee who fails to report to the relevant select committee on implementation status without justifiable reasons.
- Ms. Monica Muthami – Principal Clerk Assistant, Legislative & Procedural Services
- Ms. Jolinda Wangui – First Clerk Assistant
- Ms. Judith Aron – First Clerk Assistant
- The Committee is currently considering the report of the Public Accounts Committee on the report of the Auditor General on the Financial Statements of Nairobi City County Executive for the year ended 30th June, 2017.
- The Committee is also considering the implementation status of the motions tracker since 2022.