Establishment of the Committee
The Select Committee on Wards Development Fund was established on Thursday 5th October, 2017, pursuant to the provisions of Section 35(1) of the Nairobi City County Wards Development Fund, 2014.
Functions of the Committee
Pursuant to the Provisions of Section 35(5) of the Nairobi City County Wards Development Fund, 2014, the functions of the Committee are to-
- Consider and recommend to the County Assembly any matter requiring action by the County Assembly pursuant to the provisions of this Act;
- Oversee the implementation of this Act and in this respect, shall after every two years submit a report to the County Assembly and where necessary propose any amendments to this Act, in particular with respect to the Quantum of funds repayable into the Fund in accordance with section 4 of the Act;
- Oversee the policy framework and legislative matters that may arise in relation to the Fund;
- Continually review the framework set out for the efficient delivery of development programmes financed through the Fund;
- Consider and report to County Assembly with recommendations, names of persons required to be approved by County Assembly under this Act.