Establishment of the Committee
The Liaison Committee was established pursuant to the provisions of the Standing Order 204(1)
Functions of the Committee
Pursuant to the Provisions of the Standing Order 204(2), the Liaison Committee shall:-
- Guide and co-ordinate the operations, policies and mandates of all Committees;
- Deliberate on and apportion the annual operating budget among the Committees;
- Consider the programmes of all Committees, including their need to travel and sit away from the precincts of County Assembly;
- Ensure that Committees submit reports as required by these Standing Orders;
- Determine, whenever necessary, the committee or committees to deliberate on any matter; and
- Give such advice relating to the work and mandate of select committees as it may consider necessary.
The Liaison Committee shall consider reports of Committee that have not been deliberated by the County Assembly and shall report to the County Assembly on the consideration of such reports.